Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 88, 89, 90 and 91

I took a mini vacation this past weekend and was not able to post my daily pics. Tim went to San Franciso last week for a business trip and we decided I would meet up with him on Thursday and then travel to Napa Valley for the weekend. It was just a great time! I was very nervous about flyin by myself as I have never had to go anywhere with Tim and the kids. There was only glitch in the itineray and that was when my "late arriving" plane into Phoenix caused me to miss my connection to San Fran. Other than that it was a breeze.


We stayed in downtown Napa in a small hotel called Napa River Inn.  This place was more like a bed and breakfast than a hotel.  I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a getaway with your hubby!

We chose to have breakfast delivered to our room Saturday morning and it was delish!

Saturday we decided to get out of the city and drive through the countryside where all of the wineries were located.  The views were gorgeous with the vines in the valley's and the mountains in the backdrop.  We had perfect weather - 75 degrees all weekend.


We toured Beringer's winery and homestead located in St. Helena  (I believe). In the olden days, they kept their wines in oak barrels (purchased from Springfield MO!) and in a cave where the temperatures remain the same all year long.  These day's, they mass produce in a large warehouse but it was neat to be able to walk through the cave see how it was made.  During the tour we sampled five different wines and toured to original homestead.


2 comments:

April Westerhold said...

OMG, I am so jealous! What a fantastic get-away. My husband has to go for business in June, I believe, you may have just given me a great idea. Do you mind me asking where you stayed in Napa?

April Westerhold said...

Never mind, I just saw it. I'm gonna check it out.

2011 Family Yearbook

Here is my latest project...our 2011 Family Yearbook.

2010 HM Reunion

Last August, consultants from around the country gathered in Arizona for this year's Reunion! It was such great fun! Can't wait for this year's trip to Utah! Want to join me?

to grandma, with love